Topic

Survive Outdoors Longer All-Weather Fire Cubes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Survive Outdoors Longer All-Weather Fire Cubes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Richard May
    BPL Member

@richardm

Locale: Nature Deficit Disorder

These cubes ignite with a simple spark (nice!), burn for about 12 minutes (average), produces a very strong flame at the beginning (interesting) and leaves a lot of soot on my pot (eew!). The tablets could boil 2-3 cups of cold water depending on the cook kit (average). Because of the smoke I think I will only use this to fire up my grill or fire. It is supposed to be waterproof so a tab or two may come with me in my emergency fire kit. Only problem is the soot. I don't know what the fuel actually is, though I'm sure it's a variation on ESBIT. A complete set of images from my tests with this fuel is on my Flicker starting here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/richardmaycr/22300618722/in/album-72157651260318840/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools