Topic

computer program for MYOG projects

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear computer program for MYOG projects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Purcell

@dufus934

Locale: North Texas

I have posted this question a couple of other places, but I haven't gotten an answer that I've been satisfied with. The question is "what's a good (preferably a free download) program i can use to design my projects". Ease of use is a huge factor also. I think i have heard of people using a program made by Adobe. If anyone can confirm or deny this that would help also.

Thanks all who input. Hopefully there is an existing program that will meet this criteria.

Derek Cox
    Spectator

@derekcox

Locale: Southeast

i've heard some good things about google sketch, but don't personally have much experience with it. it's free though at least.

Oliver Budack
    BPL Member

@snuffy

I use Inventor by Autodesk. It is not Freeware but it is free for students. It is a professional program, not just a "tool". Nevertheless is it preety easy to use, in contrast to others program of that sort, like ProE or Catia.

Oliver

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

Some time ago I started to use Google Sketchup for 3D modeling of tarps. It's very easy to learn and use (more specialized tasks could be complicated and may require some workarounds, but the basic ones are very straightforward). Using the measurement and dimensioning tools, it is then straightforward to transfer the design to the fabrics. Basic version (with limited pro's features like CAD import/export) is free.

Inkscape is vector drawing program working with SVG format. I use it to draw smaller patterns and so on. It has smaller set of features, but I'm sure it could replace commercial apps like Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator for such a simple task. It's open source.

Ryan Longmire
    BPL Member

@longmire

Locale: Tejas

It is very intuitive. You can have usable models the first day you start using it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools