Topic

TT Stratospire 1 or Scarp 1 for 2 people?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TT Stratospire 1 or Scarp 1 for 2 people?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pete M
    BPL Member

@munro21

Can anyone tell me how well either the Tarptent Stratospire 1 or the Scarp 1 would work for two slim, not so tall people, plus gear? Want a light tent / shelter for both solo and two-person use. Needs to be ok in wind too.

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

With or without the inner? How wide are your sleeping pads?

Without the inner, both are comfortably large enough for two. With the inner, the Stratospire is going to give you more leeway than the Scarp, as the SS inner can be adjusted to take two 20" wide pads.

Wind resistance is excellent on the Stratospire; its footprint is large for a 1P shelter however.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

The Scarp 1 can also be adjusted to take 2x 50cm wide mats.
    Scarp 1 two mats
    Note the modified inner hook up.
    Tight but I have seen tents sold as double that are smaller than that.

This is another version, this time with 2x 6' mats :
    Scarp 1 2x long mats

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Great photo illustrations. I'd-a never thunk of rolling back the Scarp's fly like that. But then I'm a geezer – an excuse I often use.

That photo of the Scarp 1 with two mattresses inside is persactly why I have the Moment DW. It's smaller, lighter and all the room I need, even for winter camping.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools