Topic

Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    avi sito
    BPL Member

@avisito

Purchased these to replace LaSportiva WildCat, thought I'd give them a try. They felt comfortable with plenty of support all around. The shoe has less mesh than, hence it is warmer, and I expected it to be more durable and sturdy. They dry up slower. However, after about 50 KM and one wet hike they began falling apart in several places
    Salomons breaking down
    Salomon attempted to fix it and I took them out on a 200Km hike and same things happened again.
    Aside from this, several things I noticed:
    1) The bottom sole deteriorates faster than my previous shoe.
    2) Grip on rocks is pretty bad compared, both wet and dry conditions.
    3) The no-laces concept is nice, but after a while it did not stay in the tightness I set it. It would loosen up. Laces are better IMO.
    4) the sole itself is not as thick as previous shoe which makes it more stable IMO.

Eventually I returned these for a refund of course, mostly because they are falling apart.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools