Topic

Pentax Optio Protective Sleeve?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Pentax Optio Protective Sleeve?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Attention Pentax Optio owners! How do you keep the lens from being scratched? A bag or pouch would be overkill since a waterproof camera needs very little protection. I was thinking instead about a sleeve (think wristband) that always stays on the camera and is slid out of the way of the lens for taking pictures. Your thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Crumpler

I use a Crumpler Neoprene Camera Case. Compact like the camera and provides easy access.

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Thanks Roger,

The neoprene case is a good option, but I'd like to be able to pull the camera out of my backpack (or pocket) and take a picture without first taking it out of a case.

Any other ideas?

P. P.

@toesnorth

Locale: PNW

Casey, Why couldn't you just line your pocket with something soft, fleece maybe?
    I use my Optio mostly while paddling and keep it in a mesh inner pocket and it has been safe from scratches there.
    I have another camera for bp'ing that I keep in a pocket on my pack belt. I keep the top open and can slide it out and take pictures with one hand.

Joseph Jacaruso
    BPL Member

@captainjac

Locale: Southeast

I've used a Pentax Optio for the past 2 years while backpacking and found no need provide any special protection for the lens. I am now carrying it in a hip belt pocket and so far so good!

I do have the protective skin around the body of the camera which makes the lens slighty recessed. I tend to worry more about the LCD screen on the back of the camera but after 3 week long BP trips and several weekend trips not to mention paddling on numerous rivers and a few bicycle trips, its holding up great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools