Topic

Pullover Shoftshell?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Pullover Shoftshell?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Strong

@bmstrong

Off the top of your heads? Do you know of any pullover softshells? I suppose Beyond Fleece would offer something in that area but I'm looking for more of an off the rack solution.

Any help is much thanked!

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

Golite makes one.

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Rab and BuffuloSystems made a number of pile/pertex softshells in "smock" form. Smock = pullover in the UK.

Einstein X
    BPL Member

@einsteinx

Locale: The Netherlands

Why do you want a softshell? They are overrated and don't work very well in the outdoors, at least not to shed rain. They're ok for very cold whether but not for rain.

Get a fleece/windshirt combination.

Eins

Oh BTW if you can't find a pullover, polartec sells most of it's fabrics on their website. You could make your own.

Michael Febbo
    Spectator

@febbom

Mark's suggestions are right on if you want a softshell close to the original concept, such as Rab's Vapor Rise line. However, it is hard to answer your question given how broad the category of "softshell" has become. The term now covers fully waterproof pieces as well as just plain windshells- so outlining specific qualities that you want in a shell is a good starting point.

Regardless, if you think Epic is a softshell, Wild Things has a half-zip shell in their Performance line. OR has a pullover Contour Windshirt made from, what I consider, a softshell fabric.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools