Topic

Patagonia/MARS sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia/MARS sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Well there was a fedex package on my doorstep upon arriving home for lunch and it was my DAS from diamondback tactical. Just in time for our winter hike/scramble of Bierstat and Evans via the Sawtooth ridge (class 3) tomorrow, yay!

Men's small – 716g / 25.23 oz
    stuff sack – 31g

The green color is actually not a problem. I was a little nervous about the military connection/green color but it's quite nice in person and doesn't come off as too strange. It's a nice subdued solid green.

I'm very excited to try it tomorrow, only I'll probably be wearing my Skaha Plus as I'm almost certain my wife will steal this to wear OVER her MB Alpine light Parka. Haha.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

sounds like fun, nice big mountains out there. Scrambling is underrated out here, and it's granite!

Do you have the black lichen out there that gets super slippery when wet?

<< Edit: Wahoo 25 oz! ..you spoiler ;)
    That's great! >>

Edit 2 : got mine, it's great. Small is snug on me, just perfectly how I wanted it. Does measure 49" internal chest dimension. My GF said "nice!" which is rare.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Steve,

You posted earlier in this thread, asking the weight of Patagonia micro-ouff pants. I have size large and my wife size small.

Large = 18.0 oz.
    Small = 13.4 oz.

On my trusty postal scale.

Simon Wurster
    BPL Member

@einstein

Locale: Big Apple

Hmmm…. FWIW, I double-checked and my Micro Puff pants, size XL, weigh 16.5 oz. These are probably not from the 2006 lineup, even though I bought them this summer on sale (the tag suggests they are from Fall 2004). I'm not sure how the design has changed over the last few years, but these are the full-zip version, with different material in the knees and butt area.

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

Simon,

Your post made me check the weight on the pants again and also check the scale (by weighing 1/2 liter of water). Everything checked out. My pants weigh 18.0 oz. They are exactly as you described them.

Now, I can only hope that this is due to mine having extra thick insulation and therefore warmer! One can only hope.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools