Topic

Patagonia/MARS sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia/MARS sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Hey,
    diamondtactical.com has put their Patagonia gear back up on the site (under the MARS label) at great discounts (40%-60%)including the DAS Parka and Micropuff pants. If you need hunter green colored clothes to "meet today's threat" you should check it out!
    Cheers,
    Sven

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

doug ross

@dross

Locale: Left Coast

the link is
    diamondbacktactical.com

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Ooops. Sorry. Thanks!
    S.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Locale: Wowwww

I was kicking myself for not getting the parka!

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Anyone know how the Puff pants fit runs in the waist? I have a 33" waist and was looking at a medium. I know the MPuff top to be roomy for a Medium.

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Medium sounds right to me if you want to layer over other clothes.
    S.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Got my small DAS now!! Thanks. My wife and i are going to be happy. I bet money she wears it to work in the winter. Haha.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

Chistopher – what is your chest measurement and how is the fit – sizing tells me I need a Medium but hoping to wear a Small over not much else…

EDIT: OR ANYONE with a small DAS Parka, What is the inside chest circumference?????

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

So I called the very helpful Patagonia Customer Service folks, and they specified the quite generous inside chest circumference of the DAS Parka, thought I'd post back:
    49" for a Small
    52" for a Medium

They also said that they are differentially cut (exterior shell is larger than interior lining) so going right up to that 49" shouldn't compress the DAS insulation much.

FYI: They ALSO went and fetched neck inside dimensions for me: That's great customer service!
    21.75" for Small
    22.5" for Medium

So I am getting the small: the measurements just about line up to the exterior of my puffy old XL Sierra Designs down jacket over my shell and two baselayers!

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Glad they could help. I'm excited to get mine. I tried on the small and medium a few times and the small is fine even with lots of stuff underneath for me.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

This is a great time for me to get some base layers.

I have a questions about the M.A.R.S. R1 Bottoms Level 2. How do these bottoms compare to the Merino Wool ones?

They are priced the same, so what does one consider in their choice between the two produtcs. The merino wool is about 2 oz lighter… is that it?

Steve .

@pappekak

I think the Patagonia (MARS) R1s are thicker than the Patagonia Wool 2s. There is an Patagonia R.5 that I think is about the same thickness (maybe slightly thicker?) than the Patagonia Wool 2s.

I have the Patagonia Wool 2 Zip Neck top and it is pretty thin and light (6.25 oz for M).

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

I'm hoping mine shows up for a weekend mtnering trip but I haven't seen it yet :( Anyone else get theirs?

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

Nope – ordered October 31st. I am also getting a bit impatient … :-(
    S.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Yea me too. I didn't *need* it immediately but if they shipped within 72 hours as they stated and it's coming from AZ as it appears, it should be at my house by now. I'm holding out hope it comes today but I'm skeptical I'll get it by the weekend.

I was hoping to have it in tow for the class 3 ridge we're doing this weekend. No way my wife will get cold wearing that :)

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

OK, I just ordered one and now I am reading that folks who ordered days ago are still waiting for shipment! What's the deal? Is the guy with the funny red braids tripping people up again???

Kidding aside — and out of morbid curiosity — have y'all dealt with this outfit before? How's their track record? I hope it isn't anything like what I've been reading about C & C Outdoors!

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

I have not – if I don't get it today I will call these people up. I don't think it is a stock availability issue; two weeks ago I called them because they had taken the MARS clothing off their homepage and they said they had a store-ony sale for a while but would repost them once it was done. The person I spoke to also said that they had a LOT of MARS clothing and that I should not worry (?)
    S.

Carlos Elordi

@carloselordi

I bought a micro puff pant from them before, with no problem. If I remember correctly, I waited for a week or week and a half.
    I also got the DAS parka this time around. The e-mail I got, after a couple of days of ordering, says that it takes 72 hours to process the order. If you paid for standard ground shipment, you should add five more business days. So, expect to wait about 10 days or so from the time of ordering.

Paul Tree

@paul_tree

She apologized that they were taking a while. It's a slow tech operation. Check if they have charged your card, mine has been.

"What me, worry?" – Sven, are you related to Alfred E Neuman?

Steve .

@pappekak

Carlos, what do your micropuff pants weight? And what size are they?

Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

I am worried – not MAD!
    Haha …
    S.

Carlos Elordi

@carloselordi

Steve,
    I am afraid I don't have a good scale. For my medium, I get about 19oz, but it may be a little bit less than that. The Patagonia website lists one at 15.5oz. I am not sure if they are exactly the same though (Patagonia has changed the insulation of some of their garments to Climashield).

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Just noticed that their website is down!

EDIT: 11:16 MST – website is now up again.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

I'm not worried or mad. Just a little annoyed. It doesn't take 5 days to get from AZ to CO, ground shipping or not and I haven't got any shipping confirmation (guess I'll just check my CC online).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools