Topic

Trangia Supercharger

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Trangia Supercharger

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

I just supercharged my Trangia burner tonight. I cut out the small cup-shaped bottom of a soda can, put a penny on top for a little weight (inspired by the penny alcohol stove) and put it on top of the burner once the jets were going. This had the effect of converting the stove from an open-jet style to a pressurized alcohol stove. My preliminary (and very un-scientific) test was to boil a quart of water which took approximately 7 minutes (vs. the 9 or so it takes normally).

I have no idea what this does for efficiency (or safety for that matter), but it seems to be putting out more heat.

Has anyone tried something like this before?

Matt Shaw
    Spectator

@mattshaw

Locale: Southeast

Can you post a picture of your modification?

Damien Tougas
    BPL Member

@dtougas

I wanted to post a photo but my wife is gone with the camera and won't be back until Tuesday. As soon as she gets back I will be able to post photos. In the meantime, a verbal description is all I can offer!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools